The C. W. Johnson Meeting Room is now available - to reserve call 715-822-2767.
In this room, you could seat up to 40 people with out setting up tables. There is a sink, coffee pot, and microwave available for use and there is access to bathrooms. It is possible to be used before the Library is open for the day, during the day when we are open, and in the evening after the library is closed. Soon we will have some pictures. Please read the library meeting room policy and call the library to reserve the room.
Meeting room information sheet – please ask at the circulation desk for the complete meeting room policy.
The Thomas St Angelo Public Library of Cumberland, Wisconsin provides space for meetings in the C W Johnson Community Room and the Friends Book Sale Room. Meeting rooms are also a community asset, and the Board wishes to encourage their use by area community groups when not in use for Library functions.
MEETING ROOM USE—STATEMENT OF POLICY
1. Only Library sponsored or co-sponsored meetings or programs may involve sale of items, fund raising activities or solicitation of donations.
2. Business may use the meeting rooms for not-for-profit activities. Programs involving the sale of commercial products or services are prohibited.
3. All meetings and programs must be free and open to any member of the public. No person's right to attend a meeting or program will be denied or abridged because of origin, age, race, sex, background, views, sexual orientation, disability, membership or lack of membership in an organization or group, or for any other reason. Library staff may attend or observe any meeting or any program at any time.
4. Meetings which are approved but which prove disruptive to Library operations shall immediately cease the actions disrupting Library operations.
5. Scheduling of a meeting or program of a group or organization in the Library does not in any way constitute an endorsement by the Library.
MEETING ROOM USE—APPLICATION AND SCHEDULING
1. Application Form and Procedure. Any organization wishing to use a meeting room must complete the Application for Meeting Room Use and receive approval. A new application must be filed any time the person designated on the Application form as the Responsible Party for the organization should change.
2. Scheduling request forms will be available at the service desk and online at http://www.cumberlandpl.org.
3. Library Cancellation of Scheduled Meetings. The Library reserves the right to cancel a scheduled and confirmed booking upon seven (7) day's notice.
4. Anticipated Attendance and Room Size. The Library will be supplied with the estimated attendance for every meeting. The Library reserves the right to match the anticipated attendance at a meeting with the room the Library feels is most appropriate.
5. Meetings and Programs of or for Children. All meetings and programs of or for groups comprised primarily of people under the age of eighteen (18) require the presence of a responsible adult at all times. Parents of young children (four years old or younger) are encouraged to attend any meeting or program at which their child is present and, at a minimum, must remain in the Library building for the duration of the meeting or program and retrieve their child immediately at the conclusion of the meeting or program.
MEETING ROOM USE—RULES AND CONDITIONS
1. Meeting Rooms and all furniture shall be left in a neat and orderly condition. Any furniture which has been moved must be restored to its original configuration. Cleanup and restoration of furniture must be accomplished by the scheduled ending time for the meeting.
2. If Library staff must clean up a meeting room beyond emptying of waste receptacles and routine vacuuming, the organization will be assessed a fee of $50.00. The organization or group will not be permitted to reserve meeting room space again until the fee has been paid.
3. Light refreshments may be served in the C W Johnson Community Room and Friends Book Sale Room but cooking is prohibited. Use of open flames is not permitted. Smoking and consumption of alcohol on Library premises is prohibited. An organization or group serving refreshments is responsible for cleaning up the room and for removing refreshments from the room at the end of the meeting. The Library staff will not assist with the delivery or removal of refreshments.
4. A projection unit is available and can be checked out on your library card. The unit must be returned at the conclusion of the meeting. Failure to return the unit or returning a damaged unit will result in a fine of $800 being applied to the library card. Wireless access is available.
5. The Library assumes no responsibility or liability for accidents, injury or loss of individual property in the Thomas St Angelo Public Library.
6. The person designated on the Application Form is responsible for paying the cost of any damage or loss incurred by the Library by the actions of any member of the organization during a meeting. The Library is the sole determinant of whether damaged furnishings or equipment can be repaired or must be replaced. The Library will make all arrangements for repairs to walls, floors, etc. The organization or group will not be permitted to reserve meeting room space again until the costs of repairs or replacement of damaged items have been paid. Fees will be charged to the responsible party’s library card.
7. If a meeting will be held during hours the library is not open, the responsible party will be required to check out a key to the room. The key must be put in the envelope provided and placed in the book drop immediately following the meeting. Failure to return the room key will result in a $200 fine being placed on the responsible party’s library card.